Hi, I’m Betty and I like to eat! You probably like to eat too, and I’m guessing that’s why you are here. Welcome!
I’m the writer, photographer, videographer, cook, and washer-upper behind Betty Eatz. My husband and I live in sunny Southern California, and we have three adult children.
This blog reflects my love for good food and the best way to go about making it. I like food that is simple, fresh, and a little out of the ordinary.
- Simple: Meals that are easy to prepare, budget-conscious, and relatively quick to make.
- Fresh: Dishes that are made from scratch. I don’t like canned soups, packet mixes, or items with a lot of preservatives. My diet is healthy-ish.
- A Little Out of the Ordinary: Food that is delicious and possibly from other cultures, other countries, and maybe even other planets. Okay, not that last one. But I like interesting foods and flavors.
Looking for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever? Many other blogs can provide that to you. Want a great preserved lemon tea loaf recipe? You’re in the right place.
- Most of the recipes I share with you on this blog are not my creations. I’m not keen on recipe development, although I have done it and won prizes for it. I am a recipe try-er.
- It is culinary roulette to find a recipe online that is going to work out well. I cook and post the recipes that have turned out great for me and note any adaptations that were made. Whenever possible, I also include links to the original recipe site.
- I love to see your food pictures! Show me the recipes you make from this blog by tagging @betty_eatz and #betty_eatz in your Instagram posts and stories.
You and I are now kind of in a cooking club together. I’m glad you’re here!