- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 lb rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 2 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425 F/218 C. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, rutabaga, shallots, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture onto one of the baking sheets and spread out the pieces into a single layer and evenly spaced. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Prepare the chicken by slicing the breast halves lengthwise into thinner, equal-sized cutlets. This will help the chicken cook quickly and avoid drying out. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Make an assembly line for coating the chicken by placing the flour in one shallow pan, the beaten eggs in another pan, and the crushed corn flakes in a third pan. Dredge a chicken cutlet into the flour o, shake off the excess, and the excess, then dip it into the egg wash on both sides. Finally, dip it into the corn flakes and press to adhere the crumbs on both sides. Place the coated chicken onto the second prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
- Place the pan with chicken in the oven on a separate baking rack from the veggies. They can bake at the same time.
- Bake the chicken for 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Cutlets cook quickly so don’t overcook them or they will be hard and dry.
- Make the sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and stirring until smooth. Drizzle some sauce over the crispy baked chicken and return the pan to the oven for another minute or two.
- Serve the chicken with the roasted veggies and extra sauce on the side.
Keywords: sheet pan crispy chicken with veggies