First sheet pan:
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups cooked white rice
Second sheet pan:
- 1 sweet potato, skin on and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 6 oz. oyster mushrooms, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups kale, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp gochujang
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 F/232 C. Move oven racks to be positioned in the top and bottom thirds of the oven.
- Cut the tofu into bite-size cubes. Place them in a single layer on several layers of paper towels. Top with more paper towels, then place a cast iron skillet or similarly heavy object on top to press out some of the moisture. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Stir to combine, then add the pressed tofu cubes. Gently toss to coat.
- Grease the first sheet pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour the coated tofu onto the baking sheet and spread them out into a single layer.
- Grease the second sheet pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then place the potato, mushrooms, onion, and kale into four separate groups on the pan. Spread out the veggies (keeping them in their section) into a single layer, then drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place both sheet pans in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the pans from top to bottom and vice versa halfway through. Watch that the kale doesn’t burn.
- Remove both pans from the oven. On the sheet pan with the tofu, push the cubes to one side of the baking sheet. Add rice to the sheet and spread it out into an even layer. Return the sheet to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine the gochujang, sesame oil, soy sauce, and sesame seeds in a small bowl. Stir to mix.
- Assemble the bibimbap by equally dividing the rice into 4 bowls. Top with the veggies and tofu. Spoon on the sauce and serve.
Keywords: sheet pan bibimbap