- 2 1/2 lbs chicken thighs and legs, skin-on, bone-in
- 1 Tbsp ground sumac
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Cut small slashes in the chicken pieces, going through the skin and flesh. Place chicken in a large bowl and set it aside.
- Combine sumac, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl. Stir in the olive oil to make a loose slurry.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken pieces. Add the onion and mix it all together to coat. Cover and put in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/176 C. Place the chicken in a 9x13 baking pan, skin side up. Add the onions to surround the chicken. Pour the lemon juice over everything.
- Roast for 55 minutes or until juices run clear when the thickest part of the chicken is pierced.
- Remove from the oven when done. Top with parsley, pine nuts, and pomegranate before serving.