- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz. preserved lemon paste
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/177 C. Line an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving the overhang on the longer sides, and spray with non-stick spray oil.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and turmeric in a bowl. Whisk to mix and set aside.
- Add the eggs, sugar, sour cream, and oil to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat together with the paddle attachment until combined. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and preserved lemon paste to the egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Tip the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix on low speed, just until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 to 60 minutes. The top should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf should come out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Using the parchment overhang, lift the cake out of the pan and place it on the rack. Remove the parchment and let the cake continue to cool.
- To make the glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Drizzle the glaze over the cake. Let the glaze set before slicing. Cake can be stored covered at room temperature for 3 days.