- 1 zucchini, about 2 cups sliced
- 1 yellow squash, about 2 cups sliced
- 1/2 red onion, about 3/4 cup sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Slice the zucchini, yellow squash, and red onion into paper-thin slices using a mandoline, standing mixer attachment, or a sharp knife. Pile into a medium bowl.
- Combine garlic, parsley, thyme, rice vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl. Add salt and red pepper to taste. Pour over vegetables and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate. Marinate for 1 or 2 hours before serving. Keeps for 3 or 4 days in the fridge.