- 2 apples, any variety
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place parchment paper on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Move oven racks to the upper and lower third of the oven, then preheat to 200 F/93 C.
- Slice the apples crosswise very thinly using a mandoline slicer. I used the attachment for 1/16th inch thickness. It’s easiest to cut a slice off the bottom of the apple with a knife first to get things started before using the mandoline to slice the rest of the apple.
- Remove any seeds, then place apples on the prepared baking sheets. Do not overlap the slices but place them side by side in a single layer.
- Combine the powdered sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Use a small sieve to lightly dust the slices. Turn the slices over and dust again.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove pans from the oven and flip the slices over. Return to the oven, placing the pans on the other rack (the one that was on the top rack now goes on the bottom one).
- Bake for another 1 hour and 15 minutes. Depending on your oven, you may need another 15 minutes until they are fully dry. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Allow chips to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.