- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp ground sumac
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped apple, skin on
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Place onion, vinegar, and sumac in a small bowl and toss to combine. Set aside to let it marinate while you assemble the salad.
- Arrange kale and parsley on a platter or individual serving plates. Top with apple and walnut pieces. Distribute onions evenly over the salad.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, mustard, honey, and salt in a small bowl or a jar with a screw-top lid. Mix to incorporate all the ingredients, then pour over the salad.